Tuesday 26 July 2011

Whittering time....

Time for a whinge…so I apologise now! But this page is for me to whitter on and right now that's what I need to do! For some reason at the moment I am absolutely exhausted, lethargic is an understatement and I could easily sleep around the clock - plus my infamous headache seems to be trying to reassert it's dominance. There is no point talking to my GP as if you mention headache they simply shut down and ignore you (oh and prescribe paracetamol which do precisely nothing to help)


Mikey isn't helping either bless him…he is getting more and more vocal now and seems to think Mummy and Daddy understand every word he says. And if for some reason they don't he just repeats it louder again and again until they do! He's also getting more and more mobile…Andy is really going to have to bring the stair gates home soon as I don't think it'll be long until he tried to pull himself up the stairs and if you take your eyes off him for a second he is off! I suppose I could just get an extending dog lead and tether him somewhere (I'm being a bad mother again :( sorry)

I'm still totally shattered - Mikey was awake at 4am for the 2nd morning running and he seems to be thriving on it! Me on the other hand - not so good! I went to bed at a sensible time but couldn't fall asleep…and even when I did apparently I was talking in my sleep so relaxation wasn't happening. I have no recollection of any dreams so I have no idea what I was being responsible for or who the staff were that I was worrying about. It was probably another Norfolkline flashback/nightmare, one day I'll grow out of them and at least I'm not screaming in my sleep! (That'll probably be tonight!)

I've just read a report on the 'man' (In the loosest possible term) who carried out the attacks in Norway. It's starting to look as thought his defence is going to be insanity. He believes that his actions will be totally vindicated in 60 years time…I'm sure the families of his victims who were pretty much randomly selected will have forgiven him by then and will understand that their loved ones had to die - or at least they will if the world turns into cloud cuckoo land. What also annoys me is Norwegian law restricts his sentence to 21 years unless he's convicted of crimes against humanity, then it can go up to 30. In reality he should be locked in a nice dark, damp dungeon somewhere and left to rot… and then I'm happy to keep the key somewhere safe! It'd never be seen again…such a shame! The events in Oslo really upset me, it is one of my favourite places in the world and when we were there in 2009 on Norway day it was packed with thousands and thousands of people, some celebrating rather hard! And I never felt in even the slightest bit of danger - even with my map reading skills trying to get us back to the ship! The Norwegian people I have met have always been very very friendly and helpful, you never feel as though you are a stranger ion their country, you are just a welcome guest they want to get to know. I guess in a naïve way that's how I['d like the whole of this planet to be… We're all the same species so why should there be issues and problems between countries??

This is all getting a little deep for a Tuesday with a headache! Maybe it’s time for the big pink pain pills (try saying that quickly with a headache!!) After all I really don't think you can rattle too much every day… And I'm seriously considering running for office in Norway so I can deal with the big. blond bully.

1 comment:

  1. i'm starting to think you should run for parliament!

    ReplyDelete