Sunday 10 July 2011

Milestone achieved....

Well I survived! I was supposed to see my neurologist on the morning of my birthday but he got a puncture! OK, so it was in Belgium and he never actually made it over the channel so it wasn't the greatest of starts! The day vastly improved when we got to Mum and Dads though... the first glass of bubbly always helps plus one of my favourite things for lunch followed by Mums version of Eton Mess with Raspberries rather than strawberries and I was in heaven! The cake was made by my younger sister (as she keeps reminding me) and one small person was VERY fond of the over sized chocolate buttons....

In the Evening Sue and Dave came over so I hit another bottle of the bubbly stuff and it's safe to say it was strong! One glass and I was slightly off balance.... two and standing was a slight challenge!! Thankfully Friday wasn't a very early start in Mikey world and I got up, changed him and left Andy to do breakfast spooning into mouth type stuff! I retired back to bed for a while before venturing downstairs to see if my head could cope with early morning Disney Junior! (It couldn't...It is safe to say it hurt!) The original plan for Friday had been to go to Leeds Castle but the forecast wasn't brilliant so we chickened out and had a veg out day at home! It has been nice this week to just have time to be the 3 of us... something we don't really get much chance to do!

Yesterday was a challenge for Andy as he organised his first ever BBQ!! Dad had got us a charcoal chimney for starting the coals off which made things easier for him, but he did all the cooking and even did things like hard boil eggs for the salad (OK, I put the salad together but he was cooking the meat at the time!) He handled it all really well and even cleaned the grill afterwards! Once it starts to get warmer again I feel another BBQ coming on!!

Coming up stuff is not so much fun I'm afraid... on Friday I have my diabetes eye test. So far I've avoided having to have the drops to dilate my pupils as I was pregnant, that excuse is no longer valid so thankfully Mum is coming over to drive me to the test. I am capable of driving there but I can't drive after it and then next Monday poor Mikey has his next load of injections. The 3 he should have at 12 months plus his first MMR, which is spposed to be 13 months. I wasn't happy about them all being done in one go, but I've had a strong recommendation for get the MMR done as there is a good chance a measles epidemic is on the way and it can still be lethal for small people so I want him protected asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment