Friday 22 July 2011

My last 2 weeks have only been 4 days…last Friday I had to have a diabetes eye test - not fun as it was VERY sunny and the drops really stung and then I have very dilated pupils so the sun seemed even brighter than it really was! Thankfully my eyes seemed back to normal (well normal for me) by 4ish, I have to admit nappy changing when they were at their worst was fun - Mikey wriggles at the best of the time but at one point I could see several of him!


Monday was Mikey's turn to go to the Drs - it was injection time and he had to have 3 - one of which was the famous MMR. He also had the Meningitis C, HIB and pneumonia vaccine - I was advised to give him a dose of Calpol before I took him and a chocolate drop per injection seemed to cheer him up fairly quickly (Maybe Mummy should have had some as she got traumatised too when he screamed) The silly nurse also thought he was jaundiced as he's got a tan…and when I said it was a tan and nothing worse I got lectured about putting sun cream on him….do I really look this stupid? (Answers not required!)

When we got home Mikey decided the best way to deal with injections was to fall asleep. I have to admit that I just watched him breath for ages - something I haven't done since he was first moved into SCBU (told you I was traumatised) But since then he's just got on with being Mikey! He is getting more and more talkative and we are crawling backwards fairly quickly - forwards is a pretty impressive commando crawl! And I'm convinced he was eyeing up the sofa this morning to see if he can pull himself up. But I guess the next stage has to arrive at some point whether I want it to or not! The photo is Mikey sleeping off he trauma!!

As for me at the moment I feel rough and look rougher…Much as I love and adore my son when I had my week off I would have loved a day when all I had to worry about was me… Does that make me a bad mother? I'd just like a day when I can be the me I used to be rather than being someone's wife or mother… But I guess I'll never have that again - I will be Mikey's Mum for the rest of my life, but then again I did want that and have been trying for a very long time to achieve my desire!

It's been a quiet day at work today… I had a very productive morning but now I am tempted to just put my head on my desk and sleep…If I switch desks and borrow Tess' desk nobody could see me and I may get away with it! But then again my manager did say I could leave at 4 as I'm feeling so crap so I might just go home and sleep… I just need to wake up while Andy is out so I can put Mikey to bed, in another bad Mother moment I hope he's tired so he'll want to go up a little early and then I can go to sleep again!! He really deserves a more caring Mum, poor little mite (OK, not so little now - yesterday he was eating chicken, chips and salad - (lunch at the pub!) and apparently got angry whenever Debbie stopped feeding him - we may well have created a monster!!)

Nothing planned for this weekend or the foreseeable future - although I am now seriously thinking about getting my hair chopped off. I seem to have got into the habit of shutting it in my car door for some reason - and have taken to swearing in German because of the small ears usually sat behind me! Plus I want a change, I'm fed up with usually having it in a pony tail so I think it's time to actually get a style of some sort again…this time comments are invited as I have no idea what I want other than it just to be different! And not the grade 2 someone suggested last night! But I'm not going blonde again - been there and done it, I think I may stay as a brunette now, with just home colours to hide the signs of aging as they grow…But if I get round to making an appointment hopefully it'll happen next weekend so I'll at least have that to look forward to.

1 comment:

  1. A nice bob is flattering with some nice auburn low lights

    ReplyDelete