Tuesday 28 June 2011

Next week....

I am now seriously considering cancelling my birthday…not only am I dreading reaching 'That' age but I now have a neurology appointment in the morning :( I had a slight panic when the secretary phoned me to book me in as she mentioned Dr Pollock… Now we really don't like him as he is really good at scaring me half to death and is based in Canterbury which is not fun to get to and parking is horrific! At least my appointment is in Ashford and is at 9.00am so parking shouldn’t be too bad! Another plus point (As I'm being positive here ) is I quite like the Dr I see in Ashford - he doesn't tell me stuff like I'm liable to end up with MS etc when I'm alone and having to drive home from Canterbury in the rain (I managed that whilst crying my eyes out - looking back I'm quite proud of me!)


It looks like it's going to be a medical sort of week as I have blood tests on Monday morning and I was thinking about booking in a diabetes review - not sure I can be bothered now especially as I have a diabetes eye test the week after…

One day I will be problem free and won't have to take loads of pills (which I've just remembered I forgot this morning!) Maybe I do need to see a neurologist after all! So long as he doesn't stick me back in a MRI machine as I really hate those with a passion - Andy doesn't mind me going in them so long as he gets coffee!!

Dropping Mikey off this morning was fun! Mikey was fine and for once hadn't filled his nappy so smelt relatively sweet… But there was uproar at Debbie's! Apparently a new fan had stopped working and there were various small people offering reasons why this had happened! As I left Mikey was being dispatched to beat them up and restore order…I have always said my son is a thug - you don’t let the angelic blond curls fool you! I wouldn't argue with him, especially now he's worked out how his teeth work!

Today is thankfully a little cooler than yesterday was - trying to get Mikey's bedroom cool was a real battle. He ended up with the fan going most of the night and seems to like laying with his feet on the bars in the breeze! My main issue at the moment is finding cool stuff for him to sleep in…he's grown out of most of his vests and we only have 1 short sleeved one lurking - I guess I need to go clothes shopping for my little man! He certainly doesn't need a sleeping bag right now! I think after yesterday he'd happily sleep in his paddling pool if we could work out how to keep his head above water… I'll give that some thought this afternoon. If I solve it I'll add it to my new business making weight reducing chocolate cakes etc!

But my next challenge today will be dinner for Andy and I - I really don’t' want to cook and I don’t think we have anything that can be eaten raw in the fridge. I didn't plan this too well did I! But then again who believes the weather forecasters are going to get something right!?!?!?!? I do have to admit that I have an umbrella with me today….I'm fed up getting wet!! (The storm has just hit - and hit is the exact word form the noise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment