Saturday 5 June 2010

Overheating

If I'm honest I've been dreading today most of this week...for once the Met office are right and it is 'Warm' (to quote the smug forecaster on BBC1 in his airconditioned studio) As my midwife has been telling me since November I am currently running at a degree or so hotter than I would normally and as such Warm weather makes me feel decidedly uncomfortable, grumpy and very short tempered (sorry to anyone who has been around me today, I'm really not nice to live with at the moment)

As usual Andy had the Gro Egg hermometer thing in our bedroom last night, when I gave up and went to bed it was glowing orange but quickly switched to red and it was 24.5 c in there - far too hot for me to sleep and it will be far to hot for a baby too. Does anyone have any ideas how we are supposed to cool the bedroom down? We had both windows wide open and a fan going but neither seemed to be helping...

Once I finally dragged myself out of bed this morning I went straight into the nursery and started sorting some of the boxes of clothes out... it is really scary getting all this ready but after my couple of hours of contractions on Wednesday I'm really starting to realise that the arrival is getting closer and closer and we need to be ready (or as ready as I ever will be) sooner rather than later! I've even more or less packed the imfamous hospital bag - but I will have a chat with Nicki next Sunday about what should really be in there! Knowing me I've stuffed a load of things in that I won't need at all while I'm in hospital! It looks as though I won't be in that long as they tend to get you out asap once the baby has arrived! I just need to make sure it isn't before the 9th June as we wont get the car seat until then so couldn't bring the baby home!!!

The moses basket has now arrived but isn't actually here yet...probably a good thing as we on't have space in our bedroom at the moment! I think a load more clothes are going to get vaccuum packed and end up in the loft to clear the spac that is currently my Floordrobe! Once the temperature goes down I'll get stuck into clearing/sorting that, but at the moment there is no chance of it happening as I'm exhausted within minutes and when I get that tired the bump retaliates! Which he has just done...how did he know I was writing about him????? This is getting spooky!

1 comment:

  1. An air con unit might be more efficient than a simple fan? The one that we got from Homebase is also a heater in the winter.

    ReplyDelete