Sunday 13 June 2010

Final Countdown....

Well it's now just a week to go... Saw my midwife this morning and got the OK from her - although it was tough finding the baby's heatbeat as I was having a Braxton Hicks contraction at the time so she couldn't feel where the baby was! But she found it after I ended up flat on the floor...I really do resemble a beached whale in that position!! Thankfully I'm now 3/5 engaged so the baby is heading in the right direction all on his own, if I got into labour naturally this week Andy will not be a happy bunny, so far as he is concerned this baby is not due to make any kind of appearance until 23rd June and not a minute before!

We took the easy option for lunch and headed over to Chimneys... it was very good not to have to cook or tidy up afterwards and I got to eat what I wanted rather than what I should! But I DIDN'T have a dessert so I'm feeling very self rightous!! There was a small lecture from Nicki (the midwife) this morning about keeping up the good work for the last week to ensure the baby doesn't go into insulin over production once he is born - no way do I want to risk him being born with sugar cravings and have to go into the special care unit.

Once home I was rather torn...it was either a nap or I was feeling a real need to bake something! The baking won and I've made some scones...no cream available but I'm sure we have some jam somewhere! I have to admit that at the moment I'm more thirsy that hungry...probably due to having a baby squashed bladder which results in frequent trips to the bathroom as he objects to my bladder being filled at all! I must admit that being pregnant has taught me an awful lot more about my body than I knew before, even taking into account everything I've seen/learnt since 2008!

My ambition for 2011 is not to learn anymore about my physical make up! Plus I'm hoping that my trip to the neurologist on 1th July will result in me being signed off from his care as well! I know I haven't lost the weight he wanted me to, but hopefully I'll have a wonderful reason/excuse in a pushchair for not doing so... the last time I saw him I think I was literally 'just' pregnant so as far as I was concerned I was intending to lose more weight... but midwives don't like you to lose too much and get jumpy if you do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment