Tuesday 8 June 2010

The end is in sight....

It was Tuesday therefore it must be Ante natal clinic day! Andy had got the morning off to go with me - lucky really seeing as he's still driving my car around at the moment!! We got to the William Harvey just after 9.00 as I was doing my usual Tuesday morning wait for a blood test thanks to the ACC clinic! Amazingly they extracted my blood in time for me to check in at the Radiology desk for my 10.00 scan! Also, as per usual, we had to plod/waddle down to maternity for it - not nice when I know there are 2 machines nextoor to the clinic I was due back in during the morning!

The scan happened pretty much as soon as we got there and thankfully I didn't have ot have an internal one as was threatened! The placenta was found and has been classed as 'clear' which no doubt has added to Andy's notion that it resembles a jelly fish! Once we'd removed all the jelly from the bump it was time to waddle back to the clinic in Area A where I was quickly seen by the midwife...Blood pressure and Urine sample both fine and I have put a little weight on - but only what is expected! Well actually slightly less than they would expect so they were quite happy with me!

THe main thing that happens at the clinic is lots of waiting! But we got called by the Dr fairly quickly. Grumpy had a whinge about how long it take me to move... I'm getting better at ignoring it now! This was yet another new Dr to me and I pushed for an answer about when I was expected to hve this baby...Thankfully she wa sympathetic and we hve now been booked in to be induced on the 20th June! Father's Day - does this mean I don't have to buy Andy a present????? He He!!

I saw the Diabetes Team shortly after the Dr, and they are still pleased with me and the progress we've made! My HbA1c results have stayed at 6 for the last few months and I've avoided the need to be put on insulin and stayed on tablets! I'm now feeling rather proud of myself...

No comments:

Post a Comment