Saturday 7 September 2013

Emotions...

That's it, summer is now officially over as I'm sat watching the Last Night of the Proms. Mostly with tears streaming down my face. The main problem I've had this evening was the choices of a couple of pieces that I used to be able to sing.

This may sound crazy to anyone else but singing was the only thing I could do and other people could also enjoy. Plus the feeling once you mastered something was amazing. The first time we got it right was an amazing sensation and to then repeat it as we mastered on of Verdi's most famous pieces is something I never want to forget whilst also being a feeling that has been torn away from me

I did try to sing again with a choir but I think I did more damage than good to what was left of my voice thanks to the butcher of Canterbury. At this choir there was nobody to teach you how to support and look after your voice. Fitting routines to songs appeared more important than the actual noises we produced.

Unfortunately Danny Boy was included this evening...I apologise to anyone who loves the song, but I hate it with a passion. For some reason it depresses me and I can't explain why.

Mikey has started playschool this week. He and I went to a taster session on Wednesday. He loved it, I just felt very un- needed. He wandered on quite happily and already seemed to know loads of people! That child has a far better social life than I ever have. The photo I'm hopefully going to attach is Mikey in his official t- shirt. But we are now in a countdown mode to next September when my baby is going to start school. Far too soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment