Thursday 29 August 2013

Post holiday....

The cat is Rory who I nearly brought home from our week in Broadstairs last week...he actually belongs next door, but they were on holiday so we were providing meals 3 times a day. At least that was the theory but the occasional breakdown in communication meant that most days 3 was the minimum number of meals he got! But he never complained and kept eating whatever ended up in his bowl...or on Saturday whichever bits of chicken fell off the work surface...

I actually really enjoyed having him around and I think Mikey did as well...which is a good thing as he who grunts in the corner has agreed that the Zerfahs family can get a pet cat! Mikey has already decided that it will also be called Rory, Mummy on the orher hand has decided we are having a girl so she feels less outnumbered! I would also prefer a long haired one who is a lap cat - I no longer have a baby to cuddle (unless I borrow Grace from next door) so I intend to become a cat lady!!!

Work still seems to be going ok. I've lasted longer than I did at South East Water and I like the team I'm working in and I am now getting the chance to really get stuck in and pretty mucj show what I can really do!! So all in all I'm feeling happy and far better than I have for years!

Next week we are hitting the next mile stone for Mikey. Playschool for him starts next Thursday.  We are going for a taster session on Wednesday so I will probably be a total wreck all afternoon as my baby is growing up far too fast...and there is nothing I can do to slow this down.

No comments:

Post a Comment