Wednesday 25 September 2013

R.I.P

The news from Yorkshire yesterday was not what we had hoped for...My Dad's family is now pretty much just him and Nicky and my cousins. Our Uncle sadly died last night.

He was one of the kindest and quietest men I have ever known. He accepted you as you and never tried to change you in anyway. It was also easu to just relax in his company. Something I relished when I was frequently travelling between Kent and Halifax or Oldham. On one such trip back to kent from Oldham I stopped to see him and my Aunt, as usual they wamted to feed me! I'd had several weeks of wonderful Italian food so je went off and came back with Nuggets and fries as I was craving junk food!!

Another wonderful memory is his wonderful sense of humour and his reaction to a mug with a frog lurking at the bottom.  I vaguely remember a comb being used to try to discover what was so different about this mug and an awful lot of laughter.

I just wish Mikey was old enough to remember meeting him..

No comments:

Post a Comment