Sunday 3 June 2012

Jubilee Weekend

Well the Jubilee weekend has commenced... and the warm/hot sunny weather has vanished and the rain has arrived! Well, what would we expect over a long bank holiday weekend!

This last week has not been that much fun to be honest. After the sleep test on Monday I had a CT scan on Tuesday. Apparently the consultant had decreed that contrast was needed so the hunt was on the find a vein in my arm! The nurse was very kind and tried not to hurt me too much and thankfully didn't tell me to expect a 'sharp scratch' But it went into my left arm eventually and the saline was cold as it was flushed through. Next stop was the scanner itself... I much prefer these to MRI, the noise isn't as nasty and they are no where near as claustrophobic as the MRI feels to me. The contrast was soon attached and it is the strangest feeling! It made me feel as though my skin was burning... I don't remember it feeling like that before. The cannula also left a lovely bruise....Maybe I should have told them about the blood thinning stuff I now take!?!?!

My CT was followed by a Diabetes review. Thankfully last weeks blood tests came back more or less OK. My kidney function has worsened slightly so the sample I had actually remembered to take with me was dip tested and ....SURPRISE!!!...I have yet another kidney infection. So it as another load of strong antibiotics. They actually have made me feel worse for the last 3 days but all done now and hopefully they have sorted it all out!

The rest of this week was mostly taken up with the garden! Andy's Dad was already chopping stuff down when I got home from the Dr. and Thursday brought Martin as well! We now have a new fencepost that doesn't wobble and it is proposed that tomorrow will bring a refitted gate which will stop a small person escaping so easily!!! I can't wait as right now getting Mikey into the car is always a challenge involving several circuits of the car park, or further and more if I don't catch him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment