Monday 25 June 2012

The Eve....

Tomorrow I start my new job... It is safe to say that I'm nervous, but I also know I CAN DO THIS...So why on earth am I getting so wound up?

Today was my last weekday with Mikey for a while as we had a trip to the hospital to a 'Community Clinic'. Before we went I have no idea what this was for and was doing my usual thing of winding myself up! Mikey and I arrived about 10 minutes early, which I was impressed with as getting Mikey into the car and walking in the direction I want to go in can be a bit of a battle! We played in the waiting room for a while and then Mikey was weighed and measured. He's grown 2 cm and has put on 700 g so is nicely sticking on his percentile line. I guess I should also stop worrying about him not eating enough, the days he doesn't eat are usually made up for on the days he is in dustbin mode! What actually happened this morning was a development review...mainly I think because the consultant we saw about his lack of interest in walking was horrified that Mikey didn't know the parts of his body. But today's 'tests' were a walk in the park for my lovely boy! His current development level is 22 months which everyone is quite happy about as he is only just 2 (plus he hasn't read the book which tells him what he should know by now!) All in all I am now a proud and happy Mum...we must be getting something right!

This weekend has been another first...Mikey's first trip to the beach - including building and destroying sandcastles and trying paddling for the first time, whilst holding tightly onto Grandad's hand! It is safe to say he loved it, and rather than getting scared when the waves got a little larger and splashed him more Mikey was all set to go deeper! I think next time we may need an extending dog lead to try to keep track of him! I'm also threatening to buy the neon coloured sun block so he'll stand out!! But it's safe to say at the moment our son has no fear and is not getting a lilo or dinghy as I think if he does he'll head for France!!
We've also discovered that our son is following in his mothers footsteps with his love of chocolate! This face was the result of a very small piece of cake! I'm not quite sure how he gets this messy, but I have seen him hugging a piece of cake quite tightly so I'd really not suggest getting between him and his cake! Unless you have a desire to wear chocolate frosting!!

On that note I'm going to finish... I need to decide what I'm going to wear tomorrow and really go into full blown panic mode (but I'd better feed Andy before I do!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment