Saturday 30 June 2012

4 days done...

I've been back working for 4 days now and I love it! OK, so I get rather shattered by the end of the day, but hopefully that will change and improve!

I'm working in a village called Yalding on the outskirts of Maidstone. The journey there is pretty easy and once I'm out of Maidstone rather nice to look at! I made one mistake on my return journey... I thought I'd go home through Maidstone. I'd forgotten that the closure of Knightrider street for gas repairs was causing a few problems. The journey that took me 40 minutes there took 80 back. I'm not making that mistake again! The remaining 3 nights I went through Teston, on the first the level crossing was closed and I really don't like turning right out of there... but the Sat Nav and I are going to try a different route on Monday!

My new job is still credit control, but I have a posh new title! Group Credit Controller. And it appears the job profile/spec will be created as I go along! But I'm really enjoying it. The office I'm in only has  people, me, Jason (one of the Directors) and Tanje who is currently in Finland having a vacation!! The rest of finance is in an office on the other side of the building (all 5 of them!) But I'm quite chuffed with my first weeks result, and even more importantly that some of my long buried insurance knowledge seems to be coming back to me!

Whilst I'm busy re-programming some of the pathways in my brain Mikey has really got back into his old routine and is back with Debbie for 3 days a week and with various grandparents on the remaining 2 days. He has settled back into this routine easily and is loving it...which has really helped me as it was harder leaving him this time than it was last year. The only way I can justify the feeling to myself are that last year he was only 9 months old and wasn't so much 'Mikey' compared to the 2 year old small person who is fast making his likes and dislikes very clear!

The only other major news is I pick up my CPAP machine on thursday, this should stop me waking up so tired! The consultant likened it to running a marathon in your sleep. This is the closest I'll ever get to running a marathon and I am more than ready to retire from the sport! I hadn't realised sleep apnea is so dangerous! It isn't just snoring, your heart rate increases as does your blood pressure whilst your brain is going into panic mode as it isn't getting any oxygen! I have no idea how long I'm supposed to use this machine for, but my follow up appointment is next May!

2 comments:

  1. Philip was prescribed a CPAP machine...oh a couple of years ago. He has sleep apnea. He has friends who love their machines. Philip did not. He struggled with it for a couple of months and then had to give up. It now lives quietly in a cupboard. I hope you have success with it as some people do very well with them. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had my first try lat night...I managed 4 hours and resembled the elephant man. I think romance is now well and truly dead :(

    ReplyDelete