Monday 28 May 2012

A testing week

If I'm honest I'm really not looking forward to this week... Tonight I have to sleep wearing a monitor as I'm being tested for possible sleep apnea. I'm not holding out much hope as when I talked to the nurse who was explaining how to fit all the various to me and the monitor she pointed out that the condition isn't known for causing what they are theoretically testing for and that Stroke Consultants are well know for guessing and sounding extremely confident about their guess! But he was a very nice consultant so I'll wear all the gubbins and then have to do an early morning dash back to the hospital to return the stuff so it can be analysed, I have no idea if/when I'll get told what is discovered.

I did have a nice surprise when Mikey and I arrived at lunchtime. As usual there were no spaces in any shade left so I parked where I had lots of room to open the door for easy toddler extraction and return. I went to get my ticket but the machine refused to accept my £1 coin...OK, next idea was to pay using my mobile!! 1 minor problem... I have not yet worked out how to use the keypad whilst using the phone to make a call so I was unable to punch in the identifying number they wanted! By now my stress levels were on the way up so Mikey and I went to have a chat with the Parking Team. I had no other cash with me at all, but seeing as I was only dashing in quickly they kindly wrote me a permit to leave on my dashboard at no charge (I have a feeling Mikey was doing the big brown eyes and the blond curl thing which may have helped!!)

I was out of the hospital within 15 minutes including a stop at the shop to buy a bottle of coke as I was roasting! Then it was a quick dash home to get Mikey fed... but we had to stop off and do a circuit of the garden and a couple of trips down his new slide!
The photo was over the weekend... the grass wasn't that colour when Andy mowed it on Friday, but it really has been hot and we've had a distinct lack of rain over the last few days! The slide was being given away by a neighbour, Mikey doesn't care it isn't brand new, he just enjoys sliding and yelling WEEEEEE At the top of his voice! We have discovered that he seems to feel his swing is too small now, getting him into it can be a challenge now! But he also likes swinging high, which the swing we have is not designed to do... maybe next birthday the fairies will bring one!! This year they are more into bouncing!!

It is hard to believe that he is now nearly 2... My latest plan is to record as much of important events that have happened in his lifetime as I can. We've got the fireworks from both of the New Years Eve celebrations he's been around for, the final shuttle launch, the Troop muster for the Diamond Jubilee,  the arrival of the Olympic flame and I'm looking for some keepsake for both the Jubilee and the Olympics. I imagine I will copy the opening and closing ceremonies as well... The chances of him remembering things that happen when he's only 2 are slim, so I'll make sure he can look back at things that are important and have happened during his lifetime. Any other ideas will be gratefully received!

No comments:

Post a Comment