Tuesday 19 June 2012

730 days ago...

Things have changed around here a little over the last week or so... The main thing is I have  a job! I had an interview a couple of Fridays ago, I thought it was just a preliminary interview which would be followed up with a second, more structured, skills testing type of thing! I have an interview on the following Tuesday with Marley in Lenham, this also felt like it had gone well. I wasn't sure when I'd hear about the first interview as I was aware they had other people to see, but I knew the Lenham job wanted to move quickly. I ended up hearing about both last Wednesday! I didn't get the Lenham job...it was the usual excuse I've heard twice recently, that the job isn't challenging enough and I was over qualified. The Agency said they think my interviewer had decided I was after her job!! But I did get the Friday job!!! What is even better is the company was created through a type of management buy out from a previous company I worked for until 2007! And I can say, hand on heart, I had a wonderful time there and met some really great people... I start there on  the 26th and I'm a mix of excited and nervous now!

But before I get ready to immerse myself back into the world of work we have the small matter of a birthday to celebrate tomorrow...It has led to a period of reflection for me... The tiny scrap of humanity that I gave birth to 730 days ago has now grown considerably! Today he has also discovered the joy that a snail can bring to a small boy! Thankfully he has yet to try and eat one, but on this afternoons showing it won't take long! He was trying for quite a while to stick his finger into a shell and scoop the inhabitant out! He eventually gave up on that game and dropped them all into a flooded flower pot, he seemed to feel this was fair as they had dared to climb up his slide! The photo was lunchtime today...he has also discovered the joys of tomato ketchup (thankfully the reduced salt & sugar version!) and prefers to enjoy his sauce with the occasional side of chicken or fish... we also added fromage frais to the mix before he retired upstairs for a short nap before we headed outside to do some serious playing and snail torturing! I told Andy recently that I was really going to miss him (Mikey) when I start work... after this week I'm more than aware that Debbie earns every penny we pay her!! And to think I even considered training as a Child minder... I do have some pretty daft ideas at times!

No comments:

Post a Comment