Thursday 21 June 2012

The day after 'THE BIRTHDAY'

Yesterday was Mikey's second birthday...Our garden which used to look a nice size is now way too small thanks to the recent addition of the slide which now has a small trampoline and playhouse to keep it company! Meanwhile inside the toys are undertaking a bid for world domination with the help of their new owner who seems to feel they should be spread out as much as is possible by a toddler!
I would like to point out that nobody else pulled a face like that when they tasted my cake!

The morning started with a quick trip to Folkestone Hospital to see a thoracic consultant. I have no idea why I had to go there (Andy thought at first I was being sent to Brighton, he only works for the NHS) but it is now official, I am causing the damage showing up in my brain myself, but there is a 'cure' I will shortly have a CPAP machine which will stop my throat closing up, my blood pressure rising and my heart going into overdrive! I should also not get as hot in bed (I've no idea what she has heard about me!!) The biggest advantage as far as I'm concerned is I should now start to wake up feeling more refreshed... I can't remember the last time that happened!

On our return Mikey had to go and inspect his house... I think we will need to get him a chair and/or table etc to keep in there, I can't really insist Andy sleeps out there as it has very large windows and only a half door so it could get drafty... Plus I'm not sure Mikey is willing to share it with anyone, he didn't look happy when Daddy crawled in. I have to admit I laughed and watching him come out was even funnier!
I think Mikey has really noticed that things are changing, he's suddenly much more welcoming when I try to cuddle him and does let me comfort him if things don't work the way he thinks they should. I am going to miss my little man when I go back to work, but in return he is going to have a happier, more sane mother and   I am very aware how much he loves being with Debbie, and how much she has helped him become the little boy Andy and I have now. Plus with the advent of the terrible twos I'm not going to miss his tantrums!

No comments:

Post a Comment