Thursday 17 March 2022

horrible mixed up week

This has not been a steady week for me...I am definitely not in warrior mode - it is more a survival attempt.

Tuesday was my usual trip to the ACC clinic ; parking was a challenge. The Nightingale unit had gone  but as I predicted, the car park is having to be resurfaced! So my car pretended to be a helicopter and I finally found a space near the pad. Once inside  as usual, my appointment couldn't be found so I gave up and went to get stabbed and then hunted for The ACC nurse! This week she was in cardiology...and this was my good bit of news!! It appears I have stabilised so I'm now not going back until the end of March!!!

Once I got home Mikey tried to call me but my phone refused to let me answer him. He then called Andy as I think he needed us. After P.E. 2 if his little gang of tormentors pinched his school trousers, threw them into a shower and turned it on. I reacted very calmly on the surface and called school immediately demanding to speak to the head or Deputy. Neither were available, but I spoke to the Heads PA who agreed that this was a very long way from being acceptable and passed me to the pastoral team. They went and made sure Mikey had a letter explaining why he was in his pe kit so he wouldn't get detention, and also assured me that the perps would be dealt with. I was called later and told they would be in isolation the following day and the school are working on moving all of them to different classes.

By the time Mikey got home he was decidedly subdued and it took several hours to cheer him up enough to hope to get him to sleep.

Thankfully Wednesday went OK for him and he seems more like his normal Mikey now! On the other hand I'm struggling as I am meant to be avoiding stress!! This morning I woke up feeling far more sick than I have for a considerable time, plus wobbly was a decided understatement! This meant that I decided I wasn't going to the woods as I did not want to decorate them with vomit, and I'm sure that trying to walk to the camp would not have been successful or a good idea!

On top of the feeling crap I have never felt this tired before. One thought scares me that it is not likely to improve as I continue.


No comments:

Post a Comment