Tuesday 18 December 2012

If you are looking for a new hobby or recreational activity, make sure it is a creative activity that you can pursue without spending yourself silly. You have some wonderfully creative aspects right now, but you are drawn to pricey, shiny things and that could cost a lot.

So it appears I need a new, creative yet cheap new hobby...everything I've considered trying in the past would be fairly expensive just to set up to start, I still have some cross stitch kits but I need a  lamp with a daylight bulb just to sort out and use the right colours... so any bright ideas, please let me know!!

Mikey and I have had a pretty good week so far (OK, I know it's only Tuesday!) But today has been totally tantrum free and Mikey has been quite adorable. And he has only redecorated the tree a couple of times and he is starting to put things back on the tree... We are still having fun getting him to eat though. On Sunday we went to my Sisters for Christmas Lunch (as they are heading Stateside at the end of this week) and Mikey really was not in an eating mood, stupidly I tried to push a bit and he simply grabbed a wine glass and threw it on the tiled floor! It didn't bounce...thankfully it was an Ikea special rather then crystal or anything like that.

Job hunting is really getting me down now...I'm still angry that I got the system at my last place of employment working so well. I did exactly what they wanted but not with the American Ledger as they simply didn't let me get my hands on it. If I had been given the chance to work on it I could have got that sorted and the overdue debt into a much more manageable state and kept a job I enjoyed. Instead I am now getting the 'You would get bored, you're over qualified and we're not even going to bother replying other than to tell you that you have not been successful at this time' It is getting extremely disheartening and I have no idea what to do right now (other than curl up in bed and cry, hoping the world will leave me alone) 

I'm also not feeling ready for Christmas yet, usually by now I'm feeling excited and looking forward to the 'big day' but I'm not feeling anything at all. I've tried watching Christmas films, listening to Christmas Music but nothing seems to be working. Maybe I'm trying too hard as this is the first Christmas Mikey has really been getting involved in, I doubt he'll remember this but I want it to be perfect for him... He is going to have to come food shopping with me on Thursday, this is when I'm going to hope that the lack of tantrums continues!! Provided I actually manage to find a parking space there of course... I had done the shopping on line, but I can't us nectar points there and having been saving them up I'd prefer to use them towards the Christmas food! I'm also nipping into Waitrose as they sent me a voucher to use with my 'My Waitrose' card - right now I'm taking all the help I'm sent!

Mikey has been getting really engrossed in the Early Learning Centre catalogue! He gets totally over excited and he ends up jumping up and down like a total lunatic, usually on my foot so there is a good chance I'll be on crutches by the time we get to Christmas...if I am they are going to get decorated!!! But he's only mastered jumping recently so takes every opportunity he can to demonstrate!!! I'm still trying to sell some of his younger aged toys, but getting nowhere fast...maybe I'll send them to the next NCT sale...but from what I've heard we are going to need quite a bit of space for everything that Father Christmas will deliver on the night of the 24th!!


No comments:

Post a Comment