Tuesday 1 January 2013

2013

I must be getting older...the years are whizzing past far too quickly now, my baby is 3 in 6 months time, how did that happen (I have enjoyed making the most of loads of cuddles over Christmas, he normally is far to busy to bother cuddling Mummy)

New Years Eve was very quiet for us - probably a good thing as I have a lovely cough and my voice seems to be playing hide and seek. My first resolution is to feel 'normal' again, whatever normal turns out to be for me!! Mikey went u to bed at his normal time but didn't appear to be in any real sleep ready mood! He kept filling his cot with everything he could reach and claimed at one point that his football book (complete with sound effects) was essential to his going to sleep! I thin he was asleep by 10 (ish) but woke up this morning full of beans! Tomorrow he goes back to Debbie, it is going to seem very odd not to have him around.

Andy is still off tomorrow so I have been advised the decorations are coming down. I always hate this as it seems far too dark and depressing without them. I keep threatening to put some fairy lights somewhere in here to help keep my spirits up and right now it is really tempting...

Next week Mikey starts his speech therapy, his speech has improved but he has just come out with quite a long statement in 'Mikey' and I honestly don't have a clue what he has said, but it does sound like it all means something important - in fact you can tell when he is saying something really important as it gets repeated over and over. He must be getting rather frustrated at Mummy's inability to understand what he wants or needs and respond as he would like.

The Christmas tree has more or less survived, there are a few decorations that caught his imagination, but eventually he learnt to leave them on the tree, I'll have to have a hunt for some of the hangers as the decorations didn't always go back on the hangers!! Next year I would love a real tree..but no doubt that won't be allowed :(

It is safe to say that the youngest Zerfahs has loved Christmas, he mastered parcel opening with ease, OK - not always his parcels, but he loved it! I think he also enjoyed seeing Grandparents from both sides - he wasn't always sure which ones we were talking about, but once he was on the way he quickly worked it all out!! He has also face timed his family who were visiting Mickey in Florida and chatted with various people on the phone. My baby is growing up too fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment