Thursday 13 December 2012

Mid December Blues

I am feeling a tad down right now and I'm having a bit of an issue picking up the Christmas 'Buzz' But we do now have a tree (which I really missed last year) and Mikey is having a lovely time trying to blow the lights out! And as we have twinkly lights he thinks he's managed it on many occasions!! He has now lost interest in removing decorations and tinsel, much to Andy's relief!!

We tried to sort of kick start Christmas on Sunday and were planning on taking Mikey to Bybrook Barn to visit Father Christmas. Inside the centre it was very christmassy but there was no sign of the big man. I found an assistant who told me he was outside. As we walked to the door there was a sign to the 'Santa Fe land train' as we walked out it arrived as was a small tractor disguised as a train engine with a small coach with visitors and Captain Hook inside. At this point Mikey freaked out, there was no point trying to get him onto the train so we walked down the side of a rather haphazard looking shed. As we walked past a door back into the centre Mikey pushed me inside and told me clearly 'Not Now' so we left! I really don't want him to be scared of Father Christmas and miss out on the tradition of leaving a mince pie and carrot out on Christmas Eve. I did it for years and I'd like him to follow suit. We have now booked him into Dobbies for next Friday to visit the Big Man there with Mummy and Daddy, hopefully they don't have a noisy train!!

It has also been fun recently with Mikey hitting the 'terrible twos' in a big way! Last week we had a major melt down just because Daddy left the Outlet Centre without him (we'd met him there to go round Hamleys) and at the moment simply saying no to him has the same effect. We also got it a few times today when a programme finished before he was ready for it to end. Personally I am losing the will to live with an endless rotation of Thomas and Friends, Fireman Sam and Roary the Racing Car. I am also keeping all presents well hidden at the moment as I'm not sure he could resist them since he has now learnt how to open presents, whoever they are really for!

My sister has now moved into her dream house, I've only seen the estate agents photos so far but apparently it is big enough for Mikey to drive his car around the ground floor... everyone had better protect their ankles as  I'm not sure how in control of the vehicle he is so far...

No comments:

Post a Comment