Sunday 26 June 2011

21st June

For some reason at the moment I am in a really foul mood…and it hasn't been helped by trying to work in what can best be described as a total madhouse! The noise levels this morning we pretty much too high for me to cope with and not even the trusty I-pod could drown it into a background roar. I'm fairly sure even Mikey in full blown scream mode wouldn't have drowned it all out and it made trying to concentrate an impossible task and hasn't helped my headache.


I'm also of the opinion that the Midlands are possibly one of the most laid back areas in the UK - they certainly aren't the most helpful as I've found and never seem to want to rush - why use 1 word when you could drawl out 10 or so… I can say with a fair degree of certainty that I didn't get any helpful answers and was pretty much told to call back next week when someone might be able to assist a little (If I'm lucky!!) It was a total waste of my time and hasn't exactly encouraged me to crack on with the list of things I have to do right now!

Most of this weekend was spent celebrating a small man's very 1st birthday! He is now able to open parcels (with a little help provided nobody has gone mad with the sellotape!) but really isn't bothered by cards or presents that resemble clothing! He spent most of Sunday afternoon with a Duplo brick in his mouth or eating chocolate cake (so his mothers cooking can't be too horrific!) He's also had his 12 month review and flirted with the advisor trying to do it! Well she was blond and they have always been his preference! I'm still trying to work out what has happened to the last 12 months… was I stuck in another coma for part of it as I can't remember it being a year since I had him! But looking at the size of him now I'm relieved I didn't have him recently! But he's been weighed and measured and everyone is perfectly happy with how he is getting on! Which in turn means he has a happy Mum! Just crawling and walking milestones to hit now…I can't wait until he can walk as carrying him is getting more and more difficult due to his weight and the sheer amount of wriggling he can do - especially when I'm trying to carry him up the stairs - he came very close to being dropped at the weekend simply as he was doing a fantastic impression of an eel and sliding our of my arms!

The hair is still blond and curly - I still have frequent urges to get it cut just to get him looking a little tidier - plus he objects strongly to having it brushed and combing simply won't be tolerated! For a small person he knows his mind and doesn't want to discuss anything he objects to - stubborn is a small understatement!

Andy was lucky and managed to get Monday and today (plus Friday) off work. I could only get Friday but my new boss phoned me yesterday and told me to go home at 4.00 so I could spend some time with my little monster. Andy came and picked me up and as I walked in I got the most amazing smile from my son. It's moments like that which really help me to feel like I'm not a bad/failing mother and just maybe he does like/love me! All I need to do now is master the fasted nappy change in the world as his latest trick is to roll over as much as possible - usually when the nappy is best described as dirty! For a small one he is amazingly capable of creating a massive mess!!

Still in a grump - I need to throw this mood off before I get home as Andy can do grumpy for both of us without me adding to it…maybe I'm just missing my Parents as they are off exploring the Baltic at the moment, doing the cruise we were supposed to do back in 2008 but I wasn't well enough or in a state to cope with it. So jealousy could be sneaking in too.

Oh yes - Mikey got a rocking horse yesterday too and we need a name - Daddy wants to call it Bonnie (as in Tyler as it's a little hoarse - sooooooooo bad) so I need a different name asap - all suggestions gratefully received!

No comments:

Post a Comment