Sunday 26 June 2011

I did write a blog entry earlier this week - it is still sat in my e-mail as I never quite got around to publishing it! Until today at least!!

This has been an odd sort of week to be honest…the main excitement being Mikey hitting 1! I never thought I'd be able to write about my child having their 1st birthday, it still makes me a little tearful as it was something I'd wanted for so long and I'd pretty much accepted was never ever going to happen for me - especially after the fiasco of 2008. I still think the surgeon blasted more than the kidney stones in September 08 - or maybe the big collider thing in Switzerland affected the procedure as that started whilst I was in theatre! What ever happened we got the most gorgeous little boy and to be honest I think we've had it easy so far when you read some of the horror stories of sleepless months etc - he was sleeping through from 4 months and still is not a morning person - once he's asleep he likes to stay that way for as long as he can! All we need to do now is teach him about the Sunday morning lie in! One concept he has yet to grasp - but I guess I'll need to teach him the days of the week first!

Yesterday evening we built his present from Auntie Nicky and Uncle Miff. He is now the proud owner of a Smart Trike and I want one too! But I doubt Andy could push both of us…. We're off to the school fair tomorrow as Mickey Mouse, Minnie and Buzz Lightyear are due to appear! We don't really know yet who Buzz is but he should be colourful so good to look at! Plus I really want to get Mikey into that school so it's never too early to start being supportive parents!

One other thing weighing slightly on my mind is a certain countdown…I now have less than 2 weeks of my 30's left. I vary from day to day how I feel about the change of number - as really that is all that it is! And I always used to prefer 4 to 3 as I found it easier to write 4! I have also failed miserably with my list of things to do before I hit 40 - maybe I'll follow Andy's example and make it a list to do in my 40th year… any volunteers to see a male stripper etc with me? I also really want to go up in the London Eye - and thinking about my husbands terror of heights I think I'll need a volunteer for that one too!

One other job we need to do this weekend is build a BBQ! Mum and Dad have bought me one for my birthday and right now it's sat in a box - not helpful when we'll need to cook on it next weekend! Maybe I'll do what I did with the trike - get it all out of the box and start building , Andy then looks on in horror and takes over! It also means he can pretend he's Handy Manny with power tools - I'm sure he was singing the song last night! It made a nice chance from Tim Taylor style grunts!

He's done really well this week and lost 6lbs… we have no idea how but are putting it down to the cake I made for Mikey! Devils food cake with chocolate fudge icing is now officially a weight loss staple…maybe I should start a new career!!! I could use the help right now as I am having a major attack of the munchies!

No comments:

Post a Comment