Sunday 25 July 2010

25 July...

A view of the feet for Tina!!
This being a Mum is far harder than I expected - and I was tol some horror stories whilst I was pregnant! Michael is still of the opinion that sleep should happen during the day and the night is for keeping Mum and Dad wide awake instead.

I can now see why the  CIA and other security services use sleep deprivation as a form of torture... I can report from my personal experience that it works! Andy (bless him) took care of Michael last night and I got 6 hours of sleep. It was fantastic but not enough... I still feel quite a way from being human again and having felt tired during my pregnancy I can now confirm that was not really tired! I could honestly now sleep for at least 24 hours, possibly more, if it was allowable/possible.

I'm not really moaning too much - I love him to bits and when he smiles at me it all seems to feel worth it... If only he would sleep at night it would be fantastic and I'm sure I would feel that I'm coping better than I do right now. At the moment I feel like a total failure and I'm sure there is something important that I'm not doing, my while life and being revolve around a small person who has managed to find the perfect pitch to scream at and create a 'wonderful' headache for me! I have been meaning to wash my hair for the last 3 days...it hasn't happened yet though and really needs to happen very soon...

2 comments:

  1. The trick is to sleep when littlun sleeps, regardless of what time of day it is. He'll eventually settle into a proper rhythm :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly perfect little feet :)

    ReplyDelete