Monday 12 July 2010

3 weeks and lack of sleep

Well we've reached 3 weeks old... and if Michael doesn't start sleeping soon he may not make 4!!! (Only joking, honest!)

Michael did manage to let us have some sleep a week ago - but since then he's been impossible to wind and has been awake pretty much all night due to it. Yesterday I decided I'd had enough and having googled the problem decided that Infacol may help us out! So a quick trip to Tescos just before it closed and £2.69 later I had a magic bottle... Michael's face was a picture for the first dose, it was the first time he had tasted anything other than milk! I think he's getting used to it now, but does tend to screw his nose up after each dose, but on last nights showing it works so he'll just have to get used to it!

We had another visit from the Health Visitor today, she is really lovely and very supportive of me. Michael has out some more weight on and adding more may be easier now we've hopefully sorted the wind problem (at least reduced it!) But she is more worried about me than him right now. She is very worried about Post natal depression and the fact I'm just feeling very stressed and pressured right now. I'm also still very, very tearful so she is back next Monday to check me and talk through what support etc can be offered to me to help me cope with a baby and the way I seem to be feeling more and more. She is also following in Andy's footsteps with the constant nagging about eating - it may be a little easier now it's got cooler, rather than feeling as though I can't be bothered to eat I might even get round to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment