Wednesday 19 May 2010

I need sleep...

I think I'm in training for my sleepless nights at the moment...3.06am this morning someone decided that his mother should be up and around!! I think he was bouncing his head on my bladder and it is safe to say that my joints were not in a fit state to move at any kind of speed!

So far this week has been pretty quiet - just what I need really. I have to admit I am having lot sof naps as something (or someone) is sapping all my energy... but I know it will all  be worth it in the end. All I can say is I now know God is male - no woman woul have ever agreed that pregnancy should be this long! And the more I think about it the more I want to come back as a Seahorse! The males look after the babies - or we should be redesigned with a Kangeroo pouch so the child/baby care/carrying can be shared! I do feel envious (or at times guilty) that Andy has missed out on feeling the baby move around and grow. I guess in a way I'm already bonding with him as I feel him move - I have an idea of what sort of music calms him and what he enjoys (he can make that very clear!!) so I feel as though I almost know him... I really can't wait to meet him now :)

I wonder how old he will be before his father starts brainwashing him with Star Trek! Thankfully I haven't seen any baby uniforms anywhere...and no way am I letting ridges be added to his head poor little mite!!! But I do know a tricorder and a phaser have been kept for him so I guess the inititation will start asap!!

At the moment I'm watching the Classical Brits from alst night  - and I think he's quite enjoying the Strauss! I have no problem using classical music to send him to sleep, maybe once he has a passport I'll have to take him to Vienna (somewhere I've always wanted to visit) Maybe I could even convnce Andy to dance with me!! He never has on any of the cruises we've done, the only time I've ever danced on a cruise was in 2000 with my Dad!!! Myleene Klass appears to be wearing a Turkey as a dress! Although having watched Heston's Ultimate Feast last night I dread to think what may have been combined in her dress!

I got quite excited this morning - I found a top I've never worn before and it fits!!!! The only problem is it has horizontal stripes and the bump looks even bigger in them than in a 'normal' top! But I guess I am quite proud of it - after all I'v spent the last few years trying to convince myself that it would never happen to me. I'm still blaming the consultant who sorted out my Kidney stone(s) as I'm sure he must have zapped something else with his laser! Failing that I'm blaming Switzerland! The day the stone(s) were sorted was the first time they tried the big collider machine so it could also be their fault!!! Mind you the treatment they started me on for diabetes is also used as an infertility treatment, but the chances are I was already pregnant before I started taking Metformin!! Maybe someone up there finally decided it was my turn!!!

I've just seen one of my favourite compsers has a new album out...Amazon Wish list here it comes! Einaudi is another composer the baby enjoys and hs music seems to invoke sleep - One day I may even hear the whole album as my usual reaction is to relax and fall asleep by track 3!!! I don't think he appreciates Sopranos though, he's just given me on hell of a kick as one has started screeching an aria from Madam Butterfly!

1 comment:

  1. You'll want to avoid pharmaceuticals at all costs so I'm wondering if you ever tried binaural beat recordings to help you with sleep. I have a blog about the subject and am posting a link to some free samples in my sig. If you haven't tried them, download a free sample and see if they are helpful. They were for me and I became such a fan that I dedicated a blog to it!

    ReplyDelete