Tuesday 25 May 2010

Braxton Hicks

I've been suffering from these all day today...I'm really not enjoying it and I'm fairly sure the baby isn't either. It possibly hasn't helped that today was my Aunt's funeral up in Yorkshire and I really wanted to be there - but it wasn't my choice and I was told in no uncertain terms, immediately after I'd heard she'd died, that I wasn't going. To be perfectly honest the way I've felt today I can understand why the decision was made, but it hurt that it wasn't a decision I made...

That sounds quite silly to me reading it back but I know how I feel and I loved my Aunt, she used to tell me that she loved me and that is something I am really going to miss - and I hate that I haven't been able o say goodbye in the way I would want to. As she is being cremated I can't even go to a grave later - although I'm not sure what is going to happen to her ashes -maybe there will be a grave of some description...

Today has been quite a bit cooler than yesterday - one thing I am very grateful for! Andy (bless him) put the baby room thermometer in our bedroom last night, I wish he hadn't as it glowed red as it was far too hot in there and we are really going to have to keep it cooler once there are 3 of us sleeping in there... I did notice that Andy escaped downstairs at around 3am when I was up for the 2nd or 3rd time. When he left for work I was simply ready to sleep for a few more hours, but then the BH contractions started so I gave up on sleep and went downstairs to sit in front of the tower fan again (where I still am as I'm still feeling far too hot)

Tomorrow a group of Mums to be from our ante natal class are off to 'Bumps & Babes' but are meeting in Starbucks at 9.00 before hand! So no lie in possible for tomorrow, I just hope the bump behaves itself...I know I was worried on Sunday when he didn't move much, but after today I would really appreciate a calm day! But then again if he is too quiet I'll only worry again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment