Friday 18 May 2012

Emotions....

I know that when I am ill I get very emotional! Last night I was watching Glee and ended up in tears for no real reason.This evening I have watched The Firefly or Speedbird 2012 land and deliver the Olympic Flame from Greece to the UK. I can honestly say I am now feeling decidedly patriotic and also proud to be British... Not only do we have the Games only 70 days away now but we also have the Diamond Jubilee happening, something that last happened over 100 years ago. I'm actually now very aware of wanting to collect things that Mikey can look back on and think 'this happened in my lifetime', As he isn't even 2 yet the chances of him remembering any of this years happenings are slim! We have recorded the landing of the last Space Shuttle for him and this evening I recorded the flames arrival and tomorrow, if I can distract him from the Disney Channel, he is going to see the start of the torch relay.

One thing that is really getting me down is the feeling of isolation that is really getting to me daily... I adore my son but having a conversation with him is rather difficult, it means that spending every day with him and doing the same thing over and over again is starting to drive me slowly insane. I don't think the seemingly endless rounds of job hunting is starting to drag me down. All I want is a job that I can do... I've done the ambition thing and now I want to sort out my work/life balance and spend time with my family rather than in an office... who do I need to beg to in order to get a job???

No comments:

Post a Comment