Thursday 17 May 2012

My seasons appear to be confuzzled!

I an feeling decidedly fed up right now as through the day today my throat has felt more and more painful... It is almost getting to the stage where swallowing is painful so thankfully Andy has gone on an throat saving run to buy ice cream.

In my mind I really didn't expect to be getting this in May!! I had expected spring to have well and truly sprung. Instead it appears to have regressed back to winter. Today Mum's Taxi was at work taking Mikey to a speech and language Assessment. It seemed to go well, he is being referred for some help but hopefully by the time that appointment comes through he won't need it! The theory is of the better safe than sorry kind in this instance

Andy has done well...I am now demolishing a new Ben & Jerry's core ice cream, it feels wonderful on my throat so I'm a much happier bunny now :)

Job hunting has chaned a little now... I am now signed up with 2 Temp Agencies. The Salaries are far lower than I was previously earning, but I need a job with some income as I don't qualify for any benefits. Taking time off to have a baby means you don't pay any NI so you don't get any assistance when you are out of work. As I'm married and my husband works that also stops any tax credits if you are honest about his income. If I was an imigrant sinlgr mother I'd have money thrown at me. But since I am a married mother who has paid over 20 years of NI payments I don't get a penny. I hate being out of work, but it really doesn't strike me as exactly fair....

No comments:

Post a Comment