Sunday 29 May 2011

Yuk

That word pretty much sums up my weekend…and the week that has followed it to be brutally honest. It started on Saturday with some kind bug biting my neck on my trachy scar, it really really itched but I tried to be good and not scratch it – not an agreement my son managed to stick to and his fingers seemed drawn to it every time I picked him up!


Sunday started off a little better, until Andy woke up and then it was rush time to get Mikey up, dressed and fed before whizzing my other baby off to Casualty. I won’t go into too many details but blood was involved and I’ve seen parts of my husband I’ve never seen before and honestly don’t want to see again! I know hospitals are under pressure but I was bored as we waited for the hours in A&E and I watched a Sister walk between minor and major injuries over and over again without appearing to actually do/achieve anything – plus she only ever walked one way so I can only assume she nipped around the back before repeating her stroll!

Luckily Mikey was next door with Emma, probably terrifying her boyfriend! I just hope the relationship has survived my child!

On Monday I decided my back/kidney pain was not improving so I went back to the Drs. They tried to convince me that I needed to phone Tuesday morning as they had no appointments left (this was mid morning) I refused to accept that and got a tad forceful. Amazingly I got an appointment for that afternoon! I saw the Dr and provided yet another sample to be told that my 3 day antibiotic course last week hadn’t worked… I know I didn’t spend umpteen years at university but I already knew that! My sample has now been sent for testing as the nitrate and white cell level seem very high and I’m now on stronger tablets 4 times a day for the next week!

Tuesday morning was not great either – I was in more pain and apparently having a gout attack on my left foot. Getting any shoes on was painful to say the least and driving was a joke! I delivered Mikey to Debbie and retreated home with my sore foot. It must have been bad as I resorted to NHS Direct last night as I simply wanted the pain to go away, I have now been told to stay off it as much as possible and to keep my liquid intake up (As the Dr on Monday had already told me!) I am now drinking like the proverbial fish and have my foot up so I can’t walk on it. I’ve also been told to stop taking one lot of medication until the attack stops and then start it again as even though I take it to prevent attacks it actually makes them more painful f they do start… the joys of too many tablets I guess.

All I’d like to know is who have I upset to be given the sort of week I appear to be having??? In fact it’s more like a bad month… please bring June on, hopefully it will be better than May.

No comments:

Post a Comment