Wednesday 11 May 2011

Strange flashbacks...

I've been doing the first 50% or the training courses work want me to complete today, including one to check whether people are fit to work... it was looking at work place stress at one point and listed the main causes as;
1. Deadlines


2. Excessively high workloads

3. Insufficient workloads

4. Insufficient training

5. Bullying or harassment

6. Over & Under management

7. Multiple reporting lines

8. Poor physical working environment



I feel I have experienced several of these in the past, luckily I am now working for a company who seem to value their staff much more and are looking for potential problems/issues and actively working to avoid/solve them before they get too bad! Such a wonderful change and a breath of fresh air so far as I'm concerned. I should have listened to myself and walked out years ago... I know how they affected me and how hard it is to drag myself out of the mess they reduced me to. I think I'm more the type of person I used to be and probably should be. I feel far stronger now than I have done for a very long time and I have a new focus - I want my little boy to be proud of me and also I need to be proud of myself and what I am capable of. I feel positive for the first time in years.

Tomorrow I'm learning about the new time sheets and stuff like that - I already have a few certificates as I've passed all my tests so far...and bled over the print room (just after passing health & safety!?!?! Ironic or what - I managed to take a chunk out of my thumb!)

Mikey has mastered falling asleep this evening - he fell asleep on me whilst having his bottle and was fast asleep before Andy put him into his cot!! For the last 2 days he's also managed to only have 1 outfit per day! The bibs have taken the brunt of Mikey's dirt onslaught - I wonder if we can make it 3 days running???

And tomorrow is Friday for me! I'm not actually working on Friday, Mikey and I are going to see Nanny and Grandad - who knows what words Grandad will teach Mikey this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment