Thursday 19 May 2011

I need a change...

I feel as though I'm going even more insane than my usual levels of insanity…


I went to my Drs yesterday as my back has been getting more and more painful over the last few days (OK, maybe longer than a few days) and I've found out I have a kidney infection so am now on some decidedly horrible antibiotics. These are making me feel wobbly/dizzy/sick and basically awful. Or at least I'm blaming the pills but I suppose it could be my wonderful Kidneys as well…I'm just praying that the pills sort it out and I haven't created another set of stones. I really don't need those at the moment. The Dr did ask if the pain was like this 3 years ago, but I could honestly say I don’t know - I never really felt it last time plus my memory of that time is a little hazy to say the least! Andy is probably the best person to ask!

I feel even worse for yelling at Mikey this morning as he was just being a baby and refusing to lie still whilst I changed his nappy and got him dressed, I'll apologise to him later as I got very stressed when he decided to roll over and play with the curtains and he was nearly sent to Debbie in his babygro!

This morning I also had to go to the William Harvey to see my consultant about my creaking knees. He is a very sweet man (for a consultant) and to be honest it was a bit of a waste of time as pretty much all I did was tell him I had another acute attack at the start of May but other than that they have behave almost normally (I forgot to tell him about the feeling I have when I think they are bending the wrong way - but then again there is nothing he can do about that anyway!) He very kindly sent me off for yet more blood tests (Well only 1 bottle this time) The whole load he did last time were fine except for the one which got repeated again today, I have to discuss these results with my GP in 4 weeks (If I manage to get an appointment) and it could be my medication will need to be increased. As it is he's told me I'll have to take the tablets I'm on now for the rest of my life - not a nice thought but at least they don’t taste too bad!

I also have physio again this afternoon - not my favourite thing in the world but at least I know now he hasn't caused the pain I've been suffering over the past few (!!) days, hopefully when I tell him what is happening he'll be nice and gentle, a massage would be wonderful right now!

Andy has been at home for the last few days with some kind of stomach bug - I think originally I (or my cooking ) was being blamed but he has now confessed that lots of people at work have been off with the same sort of thing. I really don't care what has caused it so long as I don't catch it too! Maybe I just need a way of venting at the moment as I can feel myself getting more and more stressed which really can't be helping too much and isn't the sort of thing I want Mikey to pick up on…And seeing as he is growing up so fast at the moment he may well pick it up. It's scary that he's 11 months old tomorrow and next month is a year - where on earth has the last year gone? The monkey is still not crawling but is trying really hard to talk, and being a cruel mother I've started trying to teach him the alphabet, we've got A and B although he can sound like Ali G at times and when he's been a bit of a pickle he will start reciting them! We haven't got to C yet as he loses interest after the first two! This could be a long process…I suppose I ought to get flash cards or something - or maybe some nice colourful, educational posters for his walls!?!?!?

I am trying to be good at the moment and drink lots of water - I confess that I'm starting to get really bored with the taste now…maybe I'll have to bring some squash in tomorrow to keep my liquid levels up! What I really need right now is something fun to look forward to…Mikey's birthday is one thing but I'm all too aware of the horrendous even that follows 17 days later - which is something I would quite happily forget if I could.

One good thing that has happened this week is I caught up with Julia…I've known her for probably about 20 years now (that has scared me) and we've asked her to be Mikey's Godmother once we get that sorted out/arranged. I really miss working with her and she has a wonderful mix of sane calmness and an ability to provide a similar sense of humour to mine (poor Mikey - he has a Mother and a Godmother with a terrible sense of humour!!) Mikey demonstrated his rolling skills and I'm sure she was given an A B recital! I think Mikey's best bit was the fact she loves cuddling small people and our small person can appreciate all the cuddles he can get in the evenings (or afternoons, mornings, lunchtimes etc) I really must meet up with some other Maidstone friends soon as well…It may help me feel less cut off over here in Ashford…

I drove round Drovers roundabout for the first time this morning since they switched the traffic lights on…now they need to be sorted out. I didn't believe the news stories on Tuesday saying they were only letting 3 cars at a time through - well they were right and at rush hour that is down right stupid, I'm sure at one point this morning they were stopping after 2 cars rather than 3. Plus I got into the wrong lane as there is no signage except for the stuff painted on the road surface - but I wasn't the only person to get it wrong and my speedy little car is good at going through small gaps! But traffic cones make me dizzy I found today - although that could have been the tablets I suppose. (Maybe driving at the moment is not my brightest idea) Luckily I had left loads of time to get to the hospital as I spent at least 10 minutes queuing up past Waitrose. It was tempting to nip in for breakfast, but I wasn't sure they did it! Yet another thing in Ashford winding me up and reinforcing my desire to move somewhere/anywhere else as soon as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment