Saturday 9 October 2010

Colds and flamingo feet...

Mikey was supposed to have his 2nd lot of injections on Tuesday, but for the last week or so he has been decidedly snuffly! Being a neurotic mother I mentioned this to the nurse who promptly took his temperature... 37.3 The 'rules' say they can't administer the jabs with a temp over 37.5 so she wasn't to keen as this lot do carry a risk of increasing the childs temperature leading to convulsions. Once I heard that I was more than happy to pospone for a couple of weeks so we are now trying again on 18th October!

As a result I now seem to have caught Mikey's cold, I think yesterday was my worst time as I spent the morning wrapped in as many layer as possible plus a fleece blanket and was still shivering but by the afternoon I was nearly passing out as I was soo hot... Once Andy got home I was feeling a little better but by 8 last night I was back in shiver mode and went to bes at the same time as Mikey - again wearing as many layers as I could, plus socks and a blanket on top of the quilt! I was quite happy until just after 9 when I sent a text to the kitchen reuesting toast and I went hot again so took most of the layers off and threw the socks accross the room! By now my brain appeared to be over heating as well... I heard on the news that the Chinese Government had summoned the Norwegian Ambassador to moan about the Nobel Peace Prize being awarded to one of their 'criminal element' - I got rather wound up as the Nobel Institute is independant/automonous and not controlled by the Norwegian Governement. I had the idea that manybe the Duke of Edinburgh should go and sort the problem out! I then started thinking too much and the next thing I knew was the fluffy flamingo feet that I last saw/experienced during my coma were busy dancing on the ceiling.  I spent most of the rest of last night sticking arms and legs out of bed trying to cool down (which really didn't work)

But it did meant that Mikey was smiley and cute when he met Sue on Wednesday, and he loved all the songs although I have to admit I can't remember them so we will need a recorded version of them for him! But he was chuckling away quite happily, especially as he has a real fondness for blondes!!

Thankfully Andy has been able to work from home this morning so Mikey hasn't been abandoned with his snuffly Mum - I may forgive him for laughing at me every time I blew my nose eventually... but he did find me rather amusing yesterday! So now I know - if he gets grizzly all I have to do is blow my nose to re-amuse him...

No comments:

Post a Comment