Saturday 14 August 2010

Exploring times...

Firstly I am sorry for any errors, but I am currently under a sleeping baby and my headache won't allow me to move him and his father has vanished!!!

Today we were intending to meet the mad cyclists at the pub in Brook, but Dave called earlier to say due to the forecast downpour there was a change of location! Thankfully he had a postcode and I managed to get the Sat Nav to work out a route!!! This was rather miraculous as I've never done that before!!!

Stage 1 was to load my car up.... small people do not travel lightly and I usually forget something! I strapped Michael into his chair and stuffed the nappy bag into the back of my car before wrapping the seatbelt round the baby!! I reactivated the voice on Brenda and set off...to be honest I had no idea where I was going, but I went anyway!!

Amazingly I didn't take any wrong turnings and arrived at the pub as the screaming started, but once we had transferred to the pushchair silence reined again!! We were first to arrive so I went to sample their OJ and perch on a stool awaiting team Styles! Once they arrived we move to the table and thanks to Dave we got the pushchair down the steps and 'parked' at the end of the table. The menu was on boards all around the room and was prett varied! I stuck to a burger and chips, Tina sampled the scampi, Kat demolished a large (massive) prawn cocktail, 2 others have the steak and ale pie whilst Dave opted for a baked marrow stuffed with pork and apricot! The food was fantastic, my burger was rather large and home made and decidedly tasty - and for £6.50 well worth the price! The dessert menu looked very tempting, but I was far too stuffed so passed this time , but I'm sure we'll be back there as the food really was that good!

I was impressed that someone didn't want feeding until I had eaten, once he had drained his bottle he retired to the other side of the table for a cuddle/snuggle with Tina (I know who to call for babysitting!!!)

1 comment: