Sunday 2 September 2012

September....

Sorry for yet another quiet period...

Work has been going well and I don't seem to have upset the States much recently!! The new system seems to be settling in well and they are a really nice bunch to work with. URS were also a nice bunch (mainly) but the prior working environment pre Mikey, was horrific.

The down side at the moment is poor old Mikey. We were at the coast the week before last and he was sick on the Tuesday and Sunday... then on Tuesday last week he was very upset and his temperature was really high. He wouldn't settle and kept going rigid - I was scared. As NHS Direct has a 4 hour waiting time we tried to call an ambulance (there was no way he was bending to fit in a car seat) but the controller didn't feel he was ill enough and sent us back the NHS Direct! Thankfully we got hold of a nurse quite quickly plus got some calpol into him, she advised we got him to a dr the following day, and as he had fallen asleep and stopped screaming, get him back to bed. I took Wednesday off work and for once my GP had an appointment available that morning. The Dr checked his temperature, ears, throat and chest and said he as fine and it was a virus (which by now had lasted a week and a half) He seemed much happier by the time we left and carried on for the rest of the week until we got to the weekend. On Saturday morning he was violently sick again and I was told to phone my GP again to get the emergency Dr number. Once I had spoken to them we were asked to take him in an hour later - the GP we had seen on Wednesday was on duty but left soon after we arrived, We ended up seeing a Dr from Andy's surgery who again went down the virus route. Again, by the time we got home he was full of life and seemed fine - but had a 4 hour nap as well!

Today we were off to my parents as it is Dad's birthday tomorrow, Mikey didn't eat much lunch but was full of life as he has had Jake to play with, who amazingly was fine coping with a cousin who is 10 years younger than him!!! He kept going all day and had a 15 minute nap on the way home. He took himself up to bed a little early, but by 7 the screaming started again and I resorted to calpol again...but within minutes he was violently sick again, all over his matress and the floor, plus himself. I stripped him off and replaced his PJ's while Andy changed his bottom sheet....a quick trip down stairs to settle him down and within 30 minutes he was fine and happy again.

I took him back up to bed and he was soon asleep again while I waited for Sainsburys to deliver. I can honestly say I am completely exhausted - I hope this week is not too taxing, I'm going back to work for a rest!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment