Monday 9 May 2011

Next stage????

I might send Mikey to my parents more often! OK, he's now worn 3 different outfits as he's felt the need to christen every item of clothing he's worn - but we now own 3 Teeth!! 2 at the bottom and 1 at the top! He's also decided the Florries Dragons on Disney Junior is not good and when Nanny W left him sat watching it went into cry mode until she came back to provide the necessary cuddles! It's safe to say my son is not daft! He's already worked out that cuddles are good!


I have a day off tomorrow but Mikey is still going to his child minder - I really don't want to disrupt his routine plus with the notice I had (last Friday) I'd still have to pay any way! Plus it means I get some 'me time' and I could start sorting out my wardrobe if I really get bored (Like that is going to happen!!!) I think what is more likely is that my hair will get conditioned and I'll catch up on all the ER's I have sat on the sky box! A morning drooling over Mr Clooney - sounds heavenly to me! I could always wash my car as well… I had intended to do that over the weekend but managed to get distracted/find other thing to do instead! I also have to start planning the birthday cake for next month and it will need a couple of practice runs I think… So cake testers may also be required (that will probably wait until Friday…Maybe Nanny Z would like to come and spend some time with Mikey at ours then I can go ingredient shopping etc!?!?!?)

I've also got 'glitter & glue' on Thursday…. 2 hours making cards once a month - another bit of 'me time' which makes me feel great! It's hard to explain why - but it just works for me! Mikey and Daddy get some bonding time and Mummy gets to forget about things for a while and just create something that a small person isn't going to then destroy! Unfortunately before it I have a physio session…but last time at least he didn't crack my back and concentrated more on my neck which is the bit that hurts the most and gives me the most trouble. I suppose I should go back to my GP - but I really don’t trust them…which may be why the Trust are putting a new management team or something in - I got a letter on Friday but I didn't really understand what they were going on about and Andy put it somewhere and I haven't seen it since! I know I'm not the only person who isn't impressed with the surgery - hopefully the nurses won't change but it would be good to have a few Dr's who stay put and don't keep going off sick and leaving locums there who you never see again! At least I kept the same midwife all through my pregnancy - although I did only see her once after I had Mikey…

Not much else has happened recently, I think Mikey got fed up over the weekend that he only saw Andy and I - he's used to seeing far more people than that so that could be one reason he got so tearful - although the new tooth could also have something to do with that I guess! He did perk up when Emma popped in, she keeps asking when he's moving in with her - if it was up to Mikey he'd be moving now! I know I'll have to let go eventually - but I never thought I'd be doing that at 10 months! We also need to get a new seat for him - he is trying so hard to sit up and the bouncy chair we have doesn't help him and he is really trying to escape from it most of the time. Nanny W has said we can borrow the circular cushion thing they have which he sits up in happily - I think we're going to have to as the bouncy chair is not going to survive him much longer and I'd rather return it whole rather than the 2 or more pieces that Mikey seems determined to change it into!

1 comment:

  1. Oh he needs out of that bouncy thing. Mine were in them only till about 3 months old, so come on find him a lovely new gadget. Don't be worrying about what the books say.....Donna walked at 10 months..Glenn didn't walk until about 15 months. I thought he had something wrong with his legs. It is funny looking back at what worried me. Doesn't make any difference. They do what they want to do when they want to do it. You are quite right...they haven't read any of the books. He looks perfect to me. Go Mikey.

    ReplyDelete