Tuesday 1 February 2011

Second Month of the year...

This year is already whizing past far too fast - and I thought last year went fast!! Well to be honest the 2nd half of last year was far quicker than the first... I spent the 1st 6 months wadling around behind a bump!

The bump is now growing fast, I know I spend far too much time Mikey watching but I feel one of the best ways of describing me is a besotted Mum! In the last 2 days he has started waving at people (OK, so it is usually to say hello but I'm not going to stop him!) and he has definately come out with Mamma and quite possibly Mum. What is really scary is the knowledge that is isn't going to be very long before he is far more mobile, he seems to be itching to be underway now but luckily is still objecting to being on his tummy for any length of time so crawling has yet to happen!! And so far as Mummy is concerned it can take as long as it wants to arrive!!

Other than the baby not much else is happening on Planet Heather... Still job hunting and trying not to let it get me down (some days that is far easier said than done)

Oh yes, today Mikey had an encounter!!! We were at Auntie Rachel's when Kat arrived (which was lovely as I don't see her very often!) Mikey was having a cuddle when he noticed Kat had very long glittery eyelashes! The poor little thing freaked out and cried!! Luckily Mummy was still aorund as a safe haven! My son is basically a wuss when face with a woman with long eyelashes and glitter... but I guess we still have a few years to work on that phobia!

My other main thing at the moment is I want to get a Christening sorted out. I can't really explain why, I simply know that I need to get Mikey christened. Maybe I can still blame the after effects of Baby Hormones...Or I am just being a totally paranoid mother for no reason at all (probably more likely if I'm truthful!)

No comments:

Post a Comment