Tuesday 8 February 2011

Update on Me!!!

I know most of my entries are about my darling Mikey, but right now this one is about me for a change! Anyone who knows me will be aware that I frequently have problems with my legs not wanting to work. Over the last couple of weeks this has got worse for no real reason - I haven't tripped, fallen or done any or my usual stupid things! On Sunday my right knee started to get really painful and yesterday it was worse... I managed to get a Drs appointment he he has decided it is very likely that I have arthritis. He sent me off to the hospital for a barrage of blood tests and some x-rays...all good fun!

Thankfully Mikey was at Rachel's busy being entertained and fed, I've just remembered that I never quite got round to having either breakfast or lunch! That child eats far better than I do! As usual I refused to give much (any) blood from either arm so it was taken from the back of my right hand, the bruise is busy working it's way to the surface now so as well as a sore, swollen knee I have a very stiff hand as well!

The Dr has given me a whole load of paracetamol and some tramadol for the pain, I'm not supposed to be driving due to the pain relief, but I have an interview on Thursday so I am going to have to drive. I doubt they'll come to me for the interview to be honest!! I know I'm good, but....
I've also got some cream to rub into any affected joints - it does help but smells horrible! But the actual action of rubbing it in seems to help too! Any chance of getting a masseur on the NHS???? A nice hunky Swede would be decidedly welcome to come and massage my knee/leg anything else he wants to 3 times a day!!!

Other than my trip to hospital yesterday life has been pretty quiet! Not that I'm complaining about that at the moment - quiet is good! Mikey has still got a real love for screaming, and is extremely good at screaming around a dummy! But he is still better at giving cuddles and wonderful smiles! Coming home yesterday he just held my finger the whole time - just what I needed really!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    Since I had Daniel from about 3 months after actually I have suffered with very painful joints (worse being my elbow) and after months of taking anti-inflammatory tablets that eased it a little bit but started to affect my liver have been diagnosed with osteopenia and have now been told to just take some paracetamol and do more exercise (like I don't get any with a 15 month old at home).I've also been told it might get better once I stop breast feeding. I feel very let down by the NHS at the moment and even more so as I have private health care but cant get a referral. I know it's not in the same league as you but I really do feel for you and wish there was something that could be done to help you.

    At least we have our beautiful babies :)))

    Take care

    Lyndyloo
    -x-x-x-

    ReplyDelete