Thursday 6 January 2011

New Beginnings...

I'm currently job hunting, if I'm honest I don't really want to go back to work - I want to be with my baby - but financially there is no way we can survive if I don't find a job... Supposedly I have an interview tomorrow, but that has yet to be confirmed. Hasn't stopped me gong into panic mode in advance though...

Mikey and I have been battling with the high chair this week... today we had lunch sat in it with no crying!!! Until he emptied his bowl but a quick cuddle and his bottle and we were a happy smiling boy again. He's now having a post lunch nap, which has meant I managed to have some lunch myself!

I've undecorated the tree today... I hate this time of year, everything is just dark and depressing, I feel like I have nothing to look forward to now as well. At least last year I had the birth of Mikey to look forward to, even if we did have a hiccup or 2 on the way...This year he's already here and I feel really down if I'm honest. I do miss being pregnant, I've lost the connection we used to have and I even miss all the kicking - and he was so good at that! I'll never forget the look of horror on Andy's face one saturday when Mikey was having a major workout and my bump was moving all over the place whilst he did it!

Andy's car is still off the road, this week he is using mine (whilst we can still afford to keep it) which has meant Mikey and I have been at home - not that the rain we have at the moment is exactly encouraging me to want to go out in it! Plus knowing how Mikey hates getting wet I don't think he would exactly enjoy it either!

1 comment:

  1. You have tons to look forward to. You have all the milestones that Mikey will reach...crawling, walking, talking etc. The first year is packed with wonderful memory making baby events. There is nothing like it. With a first baby everything is so new. You spent last year worried that something was going to go wrong with your pregnancy and you couldn't believe you would end up with the baby you longed for, but it was a fabulous success.
    Look at all the blessings in your life now and enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete