Friday 4 December 2009

1st week survived!!

I did it - I survived my first week back! To say I was nervous on Monday morning is a fairly major understatement, but I went in to the office and seemed to settle in without too many problems/issues! Well that was once I got back into the Port! I wasn't aware that your pass gets suspended if it isn't used for a certain period of time...it turns out Work weren't aware of that rule either!

At the moment I'm working mornings only, I simply wish mornings started later! The original plan was I was going to work 9-1, but I seem to be getting in earlier somehow (mainly as it is easier to park when I'm in earlier!) so it's now looking more like 8-12. At least I an then go home and have a short restoring nap!

One thing I had forgotten about was the morons who use the M20... the mornings I don't notice them too much as I'm still sleeping, but driving home you see every possible example! Today was full off the middle lane hoggers - one was driving up the middle lane at under 60 at lunchtime totally oblivious of the people passing him on both sides. He had a knitted hat pulled right down almost over his eyes, maybe it was too tight or something?!!??!

It doesn't help getting out of Dover that they are still working on all the lay-byes on the A20 and have dropped it from 2 lanes to 1... the aim is to make it up the hill ahead of as many of the lorries as possible...they just pull across when lane 1 ends without apparently a care in the world...maybe I need flashing fairy lights fitted to my car so they may fianlly notice a little black car before they squash it into next to nothing!

No comments:

Post a Comment