Sunday 27 December 2009

Last Christmas...

This is our last Christmas as just 2 of us...provided everything goes well nexy tear there will be 3! Our Christmas started on Christmas Eve with our 12 week scan...it appears we have a bolshy baby with attitude! (s)he was happily laid upside down right no my right hand side which did lead to a minor panic when the trainee sonographer couldn't find the baby! I really didn't enoy that feeling of momentary panic...or the way she dug the probe into me when all I wanted to do was go to the loo!

After haing seen our baby sucking it's thumb happily (after some serious hip shaking!) it was time for blood tests which have left me with a wonderfuly bruised right hand as no other veins were playing ball... and the wanted loads. I did suggest fitting a tap yet again but they weren't too enthusiastic about that unfortunately :(.

Christmas day was simple this year...just he 2 of us for lunch although I was banned from lifting the turkey as it was deemed too heavy for me to cope with... And I would just like to point out that I didn't eat 3/4 of a christmas pudding smothered with custard, I did have a small piece about 2 hours after the main course...but apparently it is unlucky not to finish the whole pudding off!!

We were out Christmas Day evening, even though someone did wake me from a lovely nap to leave the warm house to go into freezing evening...I'm so glad I still have my big black coat to wrap round me!! We got home about 11.30 and I felt shattered...but sleep really didn't happen until about 2am - maybe afternoon naps aren't good for me! I think Andy got a little annoyed with me as I kept telling him how tired I was and then refusing to go to sleep!

Boxing Day is now officially Emily Day as it was her 1st Birthday...where on earth has the last year gone??? It really doesn't feel like 12 months since I was frantically checking every text I got to see if she had decided to arrive or not!?!?!?

If Andy ever gets round to scanning the Scan pictures I'll stick one on here so everyone can get a glimpse of Baby Zerfahs (I'm already one very proud Mum!)

1 comment:

  1. How exciting this must be for you both.
    Enjoy every minute of it.
    Have a healthy, happy new year.

    ReplyDelete