Friday 18 January 2013

Winter has arrived...

Today winter 2013 arrived, the forecasters have been going on about snow all week, we did have a little on Monday morning, Mikey got very excited that it was 'Nowing' but wasn't too impressed when his hand came into contact with some of the white stuff. Hopefully tomorrow we will have slightly longer/more contact with the stuff...

I had a job interview this morning, I tried to be enthusiastic and excited, but it was tough when I got no reaction from one of the interviewers. The more I tried to involve her etc the less feedback/reaction I got. I haven't had any feedback from them yet, but I have decided not to think about it anymore and enjoy my weekend with my family, they are the important people in my life right now.

Mikey's speech therapy is continuing, so far we have had 2 sessions and I have noticed a major reduction in tantrums since we started. He must feel he can communicate with us more easily so doesn't need to yell, scream and kick out so much! He has been a really good boy this week and I am seriously impressed, he has been moved around to various people while I've been trying to see Dr's, register with agencies and go for interviews - and he has just accepted it without any problems or worse. Hopefully we are on the way to 'produce' a happy, well adjusted little boy - which is my aim right now!

This evening the BBC encouraged the typical English panic over the few flakes of snow we can expect. Fiona Bruce advised we mat get 'up to 25cm' in seriously shocked and hushed tones...a friend has posted a photo of snow along a road in Norway, the snow is higher than a coach parked on the road, and the BBC are worried about 25cm....You would have though that seeing as we have had snow each winter since 2009 we would have learnt how to deal with the stuff, the usual English attitude of ignore it and it might not happen really isn't going work or help us deal with what is starting to become our regular winter weather!!

This is a tad shorter than I intended...we saw Les Mis last night and I didn't get to sleep early enough. The film was amazing, and Anne Hathaway really deserves an Oscar. She is only on screen for about 15 minutes in the whole film, but when she started singing 'I Dreamed a Dream' I had tears streaming down my face and there was no way I could stop them, I did manage to pull myself together until the end of the film, than the challenge was not to sob. I really want to see it again, so it will be on my Amazon Wish List asap!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment