Saturday 27 April 2013

Roller Coaster Time

But unfortunately not in somewhere sunny like Orlando!

Mikey managed to amaze me last Sunday, we were at my parents on Sunday and Mr Black Eye was chatting to Mum's next door neighbour. I heard her ask what his name was and got a very confident 'Ikey' from him. I had no idea that he actually knew his name to tell anyone!

I've had 2 interviews this week but didn't get anywhere with either of them. I'm getting rather fed up with being told I interview well, and for the last one I got the old, 'you are over qualified for what we need'. It was for a 1 month temporary contract so even if I got another job the chances are I'd see the contract out...plus reading my CV should show that I don't exactly chop and change jobs. The first interview on Tuesday was in Tunbridge Wells, on a map the cross country route looks relatively short, but on Tuesday it seemed much longer there than any previous trips over. Plus I parked at the opposite side to the office, walking there was easy, all downhill! But on walking back to the car park it was more like the foothills of the Himalaya's! Plus I was worried as the car park was pay and display - I had only got enough change for an hour and when I'd tried to pay via phone it had crashed... By the time I got back to the car park it was 15 minutes after my ticket expired, and I went up to the wrong floor so had a minor panic that my car had been stolen! All the spaces were numbered, and I was parked in space 212...but when I got back there was a silver BMW parked in it...so I tried not to panic too much and went down a floor and there was my white car, thankfully without a parking ticket so I decided that was a good time to head back to Ashford!!

Although it was good to have some time to myself, there is no way I would cope with that drive twice a day. Even arriving at 9.30 I still had to queue into Tunbridge Wells and parking would have cost a fortune, I didn't see any sign of park and ride or any option like that!

This was going to be a longer post, but I'm just too tired...Andy managed to break the Microwave door this evening so I've sourced a replacement so tomorrow I guess well need to dispose of the current machine...so if Mikey wants any spaghetti this week before the new one arrives I'm actually going to have to cook it in a pan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment