Sunday 23 June 2013

Wish I was 3 again...

This has been quite a 4 day weekend! Mikey started his celebrations on Thursday, his actual birthday, by covering the floor with wrapping paper as he proved he has mastered present opening (he did practice on one of Nanny's earlier this year) and did actually pause briefly to even look at what was contained within the paper! He has shown very little interest in anything clothing shaped or cards, those are simply passed to Mummy to deal with!

Since Mummy sold his slide earlier this year we had put a new bigger one on his wish list (anything to keep him busy!!) and Grandad arrived around 10.00 to construct it.
 And Mikey decided that  his assistance was required (at least he decided that I was allowed to get him dressed! I'm not sure Daddy, his Uncle of his cousin would be impressed by his new T-shirt, but I know Auntie Nicky would approve - and much to Daddy's disgust there is now chance he'll grow out of it any time soon!
Luckily the slide went up with no bloodshed or swearing )that I heard at least) But the rain didn't hold off for the first slide to take place in dry weather...But a little rain is no challenge to a 3 year old who has been busy missing his slide, so the first try left a dry slide and a rather damp bottom!!
 And once he'd started convincing him to come back in to a dry house wasn't happening - plus he'd also discovered his sand table and that also required his close attention, but at least in his house he did have a roof, although the wide windows on both sides didn't keep that much drizzle out! He has also discovered that it is deep enough to bury trucks and cars in...once I can kneel without screaming in pain I'll check to see what might be buried in there!
Nanny and Uncle Martin came over later in the afternoon so it was more presents and cake - Mikey made pretty short work of his piece and didn't spray too much over his cake as he blew his candles out! 

It is actually hard for me to accept that my baby is now 3 and will be going to school (hopefully) next year...Who decided that they grow up so fast? I find it hard to remember the baby who fought so hard 3 years ago and was tiny (to me) and I had nurses telling me I couldn't hurt him and not to drop him on his head... It was possibly the best piece of advice I as given - I was terrified trying to burp him after a feed, but there was always a nurse at hand to help me out - or in one case to spend half an hour late on night trying to get him to burp - I took him back and within seconds he let out one massive burp for such a tine person!! I wish all new Mums could spend longer in hospital to be honest, it gives you time to really learn about how to look after this tiny creature you produced!!
This was Mikey on the 21st June, I find it hard to see the little boy with blond curls and big brown eyes who is completely entranced by any vehicle with a siren (Thank you for the loud fire engine Auntie Nicky) But it was wonderful to see him charging around after a football with his cousin yesterday! He also sorted out spilling coke on the floor at Auntie Nic Nic's by sitting in it!But that problem was easily dealt with changing him into he Jake the Pirate costume!!

Tomorrow is going to be a rather different day for him, I have an interview so he is going to see Nanny and Grandad, as I'm also seeing an agency after the interview. Provided, of course, if I can get Mikey up in time...he got up at 10.30 this morning and keeps laying on the floor!! Maybe an early night will help...although Nanny might like a quieter Mikey tomorrow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment