Friday 11 February 2022

Tough Day

 Today has been tough for me. I have had a headache since before Christmas and have been refusing to talk to a Dr; mostly because I am fed up with being sent to A&E! But I was nagged whilst I was in the woods yesterday so this morning at 8.00 I started trying to get through... The first 4 calls it was just engaged, but the 5th was the magic moment and I was in a queue of 18! After 25 minutes I actually got to speak to a human! And I was added to the list for a call back from a clinician. Usually that results in being called by a nurse, but for once I was called by a Dr several hours later!

In the meantime I tried to call Amazon as I am still awaiting a refund for a parcel they never delivered as the carrier damaged it... I have no clue how they damaged socks, but they managed it. The 1st person I got through to was very indian and just kept saying she couldn't hear me due to the background noise at my end. I advised her there was no noise her and hung up! The second call from Phillippe who definitely was not French ended when he hung up on me. The third time was lucky for me and once I had convinced her that I had not received the order, just re-ordered after they did nothing, she processed my refund!

After all that I retired downstairs to wait for the GP to call. Andy had the Olympics on, but I signed into I Player and settled down to watch some Ice Hockey. Although I loved it I had so many memories triggered of my Sunday evenings as the Ice Bowl yelling at the top of my voice, leaving me voiceless on most Monday mornings! I don't think Mum ever understood how much we loved it, and when he started going with Jake I was decidedly envious! 

The GP called just before lunch and as a result I'm on antibiotics for a week as she thinks I have a sinus infection and I have been told to go to A&E as she wants my head scanned!  The current plan is to go on Tuesday once I have started the anti biotics and had a chat with ACC about the anti biotics as it can impact my blood thinners... Hopefully not too many kids will have got injured early in half term...

So now I am emotional, fed up and wanting to spend as little time in hospital on Tuesday as I can. But I did do a test this morning so it isn't Covid thankfully!

No comments:

Post a Comment