Friday 17 December 2010

Being British...

Right now I think the whole country is concentrating very hard on being very british and worrying about the weather!! After all, how british can we get! At the moment we appear to be having another cold snap along with snow... I am now officially old as I can say with feeling that I hate the stuff. We simply can't cope with it and everything comes to a grinding halt plus I would love to actually see news on a news report rather than just a weather update!

I called this morning to chase up a prescription I requested last Thursday but haven't seen yet... the pharmacy checked their records, it has been passed to my GP (who are in the same building) so they nipped over to check what has happened to it only to be told it has never been requested! They showed their records showing it has so it has now been re-requested and the earliest it can be done is Monday, thankfully I won't run out by then (just) but I had allowed plenty of time when I requested it last week. In fact while I was waiting with Mikey last week they were searching for another one which they had amanaged to lose. They seem to be making a habit of this now! But getting an appointment with a Dr is hard enough when you are ill and no way am I going to try to do that just to get a repeat prescription done... Maybe if they had a decent receptionist again they wouldn't lose as many... The one they have is a real 'old fashioned' one who scares the life out of me when I phone up and doesn't talk to you but at you, they used to have a really nice one but she moved to another surgery just before Mikey was born.

My Uncle and cousin are supposed to be coming down from Yorkshire tomorrow (just for the day I think!) mainly to meet Mikey as they haven't met him in the flesh yet! And the rate he's growing they have got a little worried he's going to be walking and talking soon!  He has spent quite a while talking to his dummy for some reason this morning - I have no idea if it made much sense but he seemed happy! We're still waiting for the first tooth to make it's appearance, if the drool is anything to go by it should be here at any time! He has chewed through one dummy so far and to be honest Mummy is a coward and doesn't really want to keep sticking her fingers in his mouth as he can exert quite a bit of gum pressure!!! The photo is Mikey and the Bear he was given by Santa, to be honest we weren't to sure what to make of Santa and kept a tight hold of Mummy but we've done it now and I'm sure we'll be fine next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment