Monday 7 April 2014

Reflections...


This weekend has been out 12th wedding anniversary...the on;y downside is that my exploits 6 years ago pretty much wiped out all of my memories of the day...But it is also scary how many people who shared the day with us have left this mortal coil, or have separated and moved on...

I do have a vague recollection of Mum telling me Andy was my husband, but I wasn't totally convinced at the time! Which led to the fun with Champagne in Norway!

Mikey and I were busy looking at the photos yesterday and he was rather confused, problem 1 was the fact that Jake was so small! He was less than 2 at the time and currently at the grand old age of 13 he is 6'2! The second problem is that Mikey isn't in any of the photos and he really found that difficult to understand! I can see why - for the whole of his life he has been in pretty much every photo and most of the family have taken. So next time we get married Mikey will be in the middle of every photo!!

Last night I was taken out for dinner. The original plan was to go to the Tickled Trout in Wye... Andy booked us in for 7.30, but when I looked at their website it said they stopped serving food at 5pm...Apparently they had some new staff!! So on Saturday there was a quick change to The Honest Miller in Brook. This is the place we went to for lunch 4 years ago prior to the arrival of our little bundle of joy having been there en masse earlier on a Saturday for lunch. All visits have involved some really good food and last night was no exception! I totally enjoyed the salmon and prawn platter to share as a started - to be honest it brought back memories from cruises in the Norwegian Fjords when we have enjoyed some great shell fish (On my 1st cruise I ate so much salmon Mum thought I'd swim back to the UK behind the ship)

My main course brought back memories of Florida with a rack of ribs in a wonderful BBQ sauce. So the meal just brought back memories that I love, all in all leading to a lovely evening, shame we couldn't manage a dessert - but that would have been too greedy and would have spoilt the whole experience if I'm honest!!

Today we have had a rare day off together! I woke my poor husband up from his snoring on the sofa as I decided that we were not wasting the day dozing! I wanted to get rid of a load of clothes I don't wear anymore (unfortunately I still need to sort through the wardrobes again) and I was taking him out for lunch. So the ideal place was Dobbies. On arrival the chipping container looked closed but on sticking my head inside I found people so lugged the bags in (with assistance from Andy who then retired to hide in the car, This is not a massive source of payment, but I got £7.00 and the clothes are off to various charities now! They won't take any clothes that are marked so I got 3 items back and they ended up in a clothing bin in the car park at Waitrose!

Once I'd parked the car slightly nearer to the entrance we wandered in and I found some great books for Mikey (so much for making £7.00!!) and then we wandered into the food hall and decided on Panini's and Andy had a coffee (The fern decoration on the top really impressed him)

Next stop was John Lewis - Home as I need new pillows! The pillows at £80.00 each looked great but slightly out of my price range! But on wandering around a little further I found what I wanted - although only 1 was in stock! But the girl at the check out has ordered one for me and it should be in by 2 tomorrow so I'll pick it up on my way home! As we were about to leave the heavens opened - we had both left our jackets in the car - great minds and all that! But getting back to the car didn't really soak us and the rain did feel rather refreshing!

The final stop was Waitrose where we could park underground and get into the store with only the occasional drip hitting us! I've had a My Waitrose card for ages but hadn't ever bothered getting my free tea or coffee! Andy seemed quite  impressed by this and has now applied for one of his own!

All in all we had a nice day doing stuff together, it is the first time we've really had a whole day to ourselves since Mikey's arrival 4 years ago. I think it is something we are going to have to try to repeat as every other day our lives revolve around Mikey and what he wants and needs, rather than what we may need as a couple...

No comments:

Post a Comment